Monday, July 11, 2011

Clean Home??




So I have been wondering, how do people who have children have nice homes? I mean, I have three kids, work full-time, and I cannot seem to keep this place clean! I spent the better part of the weekend picking up after them and they just came in behind me and messed it up again. Now I do have them help in some areas: taking out trash, taking down the laundry hampers, and emptying the dishwasher. But it just never ends!

I am getting ready to paint the whole first floor of our home - a nice clean tan color. I now have to paint the trim again too - it has been a few years. I am just hoping now that the kids, 11, 9 and 5 1/2 are ready to keep their hands off the walls.


I have been watching WAY too much HGTV and the Get It Sold show. That's the one where they stage the house before they sell it to make the most of it. I love it! It makes me want to decorate even more. Oh, but we don't seem to have a decorating budget. It seems all of our $ goes to soccer-related items: cleats, camps, etc. Oh, and my oldest is now into dressing nice - for the ladies (will be in seventh grade - oh help me!).


I will keep you posted - if I am sane! SUE

2 comments:

  1. Hi Sue,
    Great to hear from you! Sounds like you're really having FUN at your house! LOL! Kids and dogs tend to keep a house in chaos...... dogs don't help much with the laundry! LOL!
    Hope you stay sane and just keep picking away at it! One day it will be clean and too quiet (sigh...)
    Hugs!
    Cathy G

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well Sue if its any consolation I do not have kids - just a husband and cats and my house ain't clean! Have fun painting - I don't envy you - i make too much of a mess!

    ReplyDelete