Monday, August 30, 2010

Mom and Dad's 50th Wedding Anniversary - Golden!







My parents celebrated 50 years of wedded bliss this past weekend. The celebration started when my family arrived in Huntley, Illinois to stay with my parents. The kids love going to Illinois. Not only for Gramma and Grandpa, but to see ALL their cousins.

Saturday we all took a stretch Hummer limo from Huntley to Lake Geneva, Wisconsin for dinner at the Grand Geneva Chophouse - very nice! It is always fun to have adult time with my brothers and sisters.

Sunday it was off to Antioch, Illinois for a dinner and pool party at my brother Scott's house. His wife Melanie can really put on a spread. She had a friend even re-create my parents' wedding cake. All the festivities were cloaked in lavender which was the theme fifty years ago. Mel made a DVD of my parents' life together with chapters dedicated to each of us children and our families; there wasn't a dry eye in the room!

Above is the box I found for my parents. I rug hooked the top. I think it turned out nice (not sure why the pic is blurry); it can be an heirloom. My mom loved it and appreciated all the hours I spent. My sister loved it too.

Well, I did finish some Autumn goodies too for the October show - I did spend about 13 hours in the car this weekend - ugh!!









)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sue, Thanks for visiting my blog today.
    the prim shop that I sell out of in Genoa is Poppy Seed Primitives. It is right on Main St. there is a great little anitque shop as well, winery so a few things to do there! OLM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Golden Anniversary to your parents! And what a wonderful gift you gave them! They will treasure it for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary to your folks. You all sure know how to celebrate.

    Like the cheese box rug. Great idea.
    Enjoy the holiday week end.

    ReplyDelete